Monday, November 16, 2009

The Fortune Cookie.

I sat at lunch today and opened up my fortune cookie, as usual.
I always have some powerful, inspirational, precognitive message given to me in most every cookie I've been presented...
Well today was no ordinary cookie. I just knew i had some special message awaiting me. So I go to open the cookie and, much to my surprise, nothing was there. So I had some thinking to do. Firstly, from the Eastern perspective, to have nothing is to have no-thing. Secondly, the fortune cookie is an American tradition. However, if taken from an Eastern perspective, one would say I had everything I needed. As an American woman living in California with a ton of gratitude, an amazingly gifted son and two of the greatest jobs a giver could have, I do have in fact, everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment