Saturday, October 12, 2013

Breaking patterns.

So… Here I am, at the crux of the new school year. I consider it a crossroads because I am not ready for school yet. I think it is rather cruel to start my school flow Midsummer like that. Oh well. Somebody thought this would be a better plan, and so they did it… It does break up spring fever a little bit better, I suppose…

So anyway like I said, here we are again. And in the same way we left it… Or did we? I mean honestly, nothing is ever really the same if you think about it. No two similar things can really be the same twice. No matter how close you try to get something to being the same, the quality may be familiar, But only to some degree, within minutes, inches, or seconds… And maybe it's fine just as it is.

Well I am the archetypal destroyer. I like to break things down and crush them, then rebuild. It's not always the best way to do things. I mean for example, if you've built a 4 foot high legal structure, and you get one block wrong, it doesn't make logical sense to knock the entire structure down. I mean really, does it truly makes sense to completely destroy something that has taken hours days and weeks to build? The answer is no. It doesn't really make sense, not to the logical thinking mind…

… But to the mind that thinks differently, the mind that doesn't see things the way the rest of the world sees it, and actually see that breaking down something that has a tiny fissure in its structure, can make for some wonderful rebuilding, and the potential to reestablish a much stronger foundation.

Now I wouldn't recommend it as a regular course of action along the way to fixing things, but sometimes it must be done. The logical thinking mind must understand when the best time is to do such a thing, and not to do it as some form of reaction to external pressures, or an emotional outburst of sorts. Emotional reactions are always the wrong reason to do things. Well, there may be some exceptions, such as in the case of when it could possibly save your life.

A relationship should never be a game of survival. If it is, two people are truly not listening to one another's needs. The problem with even that statement, is that there is no should in a relationship either. We all have an ideal paradigm in our minds of how the ideal relationship should go, and we proceed to try to find that person who specifically fits into that paradigm. But this is the part where logic could possibly begin but usually ends, due to some extraordinary flaw in that person's thinking. The first flaw, is that there is no "should" in relationships…

We also come to expect a certain set of responses from our relationships around us, whether they are romantic or platonic. What would happen to our relationships, if we were to stop expecting people to respond in specific ways and patterns? What type of joys and gifts would our  relationships bring forth then?

Thusly is the same in the rest of our lives. For example, my current goal is to begin rising at 5am, getting to my work out by 5:30a, and making it to school at a moment early enough to plan my classes and still be able to leave just after the bell rings. It would give me time after school to see clients and do the second half of my training program, have dinner with my family, and get to bed at a reasonable hour early enough to be able to share time with the people I love, instead of staying up into the wee hours of the night. I know, it is a selfish and yet unselfish act, if you know my family.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this at the end of July or beginning of August. It's funny that I never posted. I guess I thought I had more to say...and then looking at it today, realized I had said it all. Writing is such a funny thing.

    ReplyDelete