Monday, November 12, 2012

The official entry into the 40s...the real "F" Bomb.

We are all works in progress.

Having said that....
I write this post as an ode to the past and a nod to the future. I stand in today, with my head erect. I realize that I really do know who I am and I know that an age isn't a real marker of accomplishment. In the long run, it has maybe more to do with how many lives you could impact. I just think that at 40, it starts to become a real push, like half of your life might be over, and it's time to get to the business of helping people grow.

Yeah, so I did think to myself, that I had goals I wanted to hit by today. Simple goals like cleaning my house and throwing away clothes and furniture, or finishing a certification, reading a book. The even larger goal is being the business entity of Blissfully Fit. Yeah, I wanted something done by today, and I'm not completely sure I did that.
But there are a few things I did do, and I'm honestly quite grateful for all of these things. Firstly, I hugged my son and told him I love him. Secondly, I had an amazing birthday night with an incredible man. Thirdly, I have been exercising my heart out, and people frequently tell me how youthful I appear, even when I open my mouth to speak. Yes, I have decided, it's still a compliment.

So what did 40 really bring me? It brought me a series of awarenesses and subtle revelations that affirm my purpose on this planet. It helped me realize that it's not over, not even hardly, and that I still have the life and the love within me to keep pushing for higher and more important goals if I am choosing this, which I am.

40 means something special to me. It means that I've made it, without really getting any older at all, but more eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment